[Remmina Dev] Remmina code cleaning and Coding Style Policy

Antenore Gatta antenore at simbiosi.org
Wed Feb 20 12:00:18 CET 2019

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:53:07 +0100
Davy Defaud <davy.defaud at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Antenore,
>
> I’ve seen this rule has changed:
> # Add or remove space between 'else' and '{' if on the same line.
> > sp_else_brace                   = force    # ignore/add/remove/force
> >

> Does it means that you forgive the heretic “else{ … <space>}”? :-)

No comments :-D
I don't remember from where it was coming, I just know there was a
reason.

> I prefer the 4 spaces width tabs rather than 8 spaces that takes too
> much place. But I know that the Linux kernel coding style is using
> it.

I prefer 4 as well, or even 2, but we had a discussion in the past and
C developers in general prefer 8/8. The risk is to be snubbed by
purists C developers that may contribute to Remmina.

You can configure your IDE to show you just 4 (or less) tabs/spaces and
keep the code as is, and it's what I do in vim for example.

I'm personally open to discussion.

> Ciao, Davy

Ciao :-)