[Remmina Users] Connection Issue with RDP over SSH

Erik Martinson eman_no1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 07:10:01 CET 2019

Hello Group,
I am new to this mailing list and I am hoping that you can help me figure out an SSH issue with Remmina. I have tested some different scenarios and can not find the cause. Any help is appreciated and tell me if what logs or other information you need from me.

Main error: Failed to start SSH session: Timeout connecting to <host name>"Version Info: 1.2.0-rcgit-29 (git rcgit-29)System: Ubuntu 18.04.3 with Mate desktop
Host: Ubuntu 18.04.3

Test 1: Installed Remmina from snap, duplicated profile.
Version: 1.3.6 (git 84ae0066)Error Message: Could not start SSH session: Timeout connecting to <host name>"

Test 2: Installed Ubuntu XFCE 18.04 on another computer, installed Remmina from SnapError Message: Could not start SSH session: Timeout connecting to <host name>"
Test 3: Terminal on Mate systemCommand: ssh -p 65222 erik@<host name>Successful Connection

Test 4: Created a SSH only profile on version 1.2.0-rcgit-29
Error: Failed to start SSH session: Timeout connection to <host name>"
Test 5: Created an RDP over SSH session to a different server (PF Sense w/ SSH enabled) using 1.2.0-rcgit-29
Successful Connection
Cheers,

Erik