[Remmina Users] Remmina RDP connections not being issues Device CAL's

Jason Kracht jason at clickonme.com.au
Mon Nov 11 09:22:51 CET 2019

Hi

We have a 2019 Remote Desktop Server in a workgroup with no domain.  The
Remote Desktop Licence mode is set to per Device as is required by
Microsoft when Remote Desktop is used in a workgroup only without a
domain.  There are 3 Windows 10 PC’s which have been issued licence by the
server.  We have 4 Ubuntu PC’s running 18.04.3 LTS and Remmina
1.2.0-rcgit-29 (git rcgit-29).  Only 1 of the Ubuntu/Remmina PC’s have been
issued a licence visible in Remote Desktop Licence Manager.  The missing
PC’s have been Logged out and logged back on multiple times.  The PC’s that
appear to not have a licence does not display any error that they do not
have a valid licence nor can I find anything in Event Viewer on the RDP
server.   We are concerned that 1 day the Ubuntu/Remmina PC’s without a
licence will not be able to log in.  Your help would be appreciated.

Jason Kracht

*Click on me Computer Support*

jason at clickonme.com.au

Mobile:                0412 125 181

Email:                    jason at clickonme.com.au

WhatsApp:         +61 412 125 181 preferred over other messenger apps

Viber:                    +61 412 125 181

Skype:                  jason at clickonme.com.au

WhatsApp is preferred.

Notice 1: The information contained in this email is confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information in this email in any way.  If you received it in error, please
tell us immediately by return e-mail and delete the document.  It is the
recipient's duty to virus scan and otherwise test the information before

Notice 2: Labour costs are estimates only as unforeseen circumstances may
arise.  These will be communicated to you as soon as possible.  An estimate
of the time and cost to resolve the issue will be communicated to you once
sufficient information is available.

All hardware prices listed are correct at the time of quoting.

Prices will be upheld for a period of 7 days from date of Quote.

Errors and omissions excluded.