[Remmina Users] Remmina RDP connections not being issues Device CAL's

Jason Kracht jason at clickonme.com.au
Thu Nov 14 09:37:32 CET 2019

Hi

The connection does not actually fail.  The affected PC's connect to the RDP
session with no errors. There is just no licence issued by RD Licence
Manager.

treatment at treatment:~$ remmina
Remmina plugin glibsecret (type=Secret) has registered but not yet
initialized/activated. Initialization order is 2000.
Secret plugin glibsecret has been successfully initialized and will be your
default secret plugin
StatusNotifier/Appindicator support: your desktop does support it and
libappindicator is compiled in remmina. Good!
Running under Gnome Shell version 3.28.4

(org.remmina.Remmina:4615): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:22:56.604:
gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkMenuItem
[18:23:19:221] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.client.common.cmdline] -
[18:23:19:221] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.client.common.cmdline] -
[18:23:19:221] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.client.common.cmdline] -
[18:23:19:221] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.client.common.cmdline] -
[18:23:19:281] [4615:4621] [WARN][com.freerdp.crypto] - Certificate
verification failure 'unable to get local issuer certificate (20)' at stack
position 0
[18:23:19:281] [4615:4621] [WARN][com.freerdp.crypto] - CN = RDP

(org.remmina.Remmina:4615): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:23:19.110:
../../../../gtk/gtkwidget.c:8584: widget not within a GtkWindow
[18:23:24:970] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.license] - creating
directory /home/treatment/.config/freerdp/licenses
[18:23:24:013] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.gdi] - Local framebuffer
format  PIXEL_FORMAT_BGRX32
[18:23:24:013] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.gdi] - Remote framebuffer
format PIXEL_FORMAT_RGB16
[18:23:24:013] [4615:4621] [INFO][com.freerdp.channels.drdynvc.client] -
[18:23:24:015] [4615:4630] [INFO][com.freerdp.channels.rdpsnd.client] -
Loaded fake backend for rdpsnd

treatment at treatment:~$ xfreerdp /u:RDP\treatment /p:removed /v:192.168.1.2
xfreerdp /u:RDP\treatment /p:xfreerdp /u:RDP\treatment
/v:192.168.1.2Qwertyui /v:192.168.1.2
connected to 192.168.1.2:3389
SSL_read: Failure in SSL library (protocol error?)
SSL_read: error:14094419:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert access
denied
credssp_recv() error: -1
Authentication failure, check credentials.
If credentials are valid, the NTLMSSP implementation may be to blame.
Error: protocol security negotiation or connection failure

Jason Kracht
Click on me Computer Support
jason at clickonme.com.au
Mobile:                0412 125 181
Email:                    jason at clickonme.com.au
WhatsApp:         +61 412 125 181 preferred over other messenger apps
Viber:                    +61 412 125 181
Skype:                  jason at clickonme.com.au
WhatsApp is preferred.

Notice 1: The information contained in this email is confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information
in this email in any way.  If you received it in error, please tell us
immediately by return e-mail and delete the document.  It is the recipient's
duty to virus scan and otherwise test the information before loading onto
any computer system.

Notice 2: Labour costs are estimates only as unforeseen circumstances may
arise.  These will be communicated to you as soon as possible.  An estimate
of the time and cost to resolve the issue will be communicated to you once
sufficient information is available.
All hardware prices listed are correct at the time of quoting.
Prices will be upheld for a period of 7 days from the date of Quote.
Errors and omissions excluded.