[Remmina Users] Is there a way to separate remmina credentials from configuration?

Andrew ajv at andrewvant.com
Fri Apr 23 23:47:51 CEST 2021

I like to keep personal configuration files in git. I tried to do that
for remmina today and ran into a snag: I don't see an obvious way to
separate credentials out from everything else so I can .gitignore them.
Username and (encrypted) password for the host and gateway are in the
connection file(s), and the encryption secret is in remmina.pref.

Is there a way around that? If not, I guess consider this a feature
request for some way to reference credentials (or other settings?)
from a separate file.

--

Andrew