[Remmina Users] Problem with Visual Studio in Remmina

Corey Minyard minyard at acm.org
Sat Jan 9 04:37:41 CET 2021

First of all, Remmina is a great tool.  It's far better than anything
else I have tried to go from Linux to Windows.

I've been using it for a few weeks without issue.  However, I pulled up
Visual Studio today and I'm getting some strange behaviour.  None of the
control keys, arrow keys, etc. seem to work.  Alphabetic keys seem to
work fine.  You can kind of use it without the control keys, but it's
not especially easy.

I did not have this problem with tigervnc.

I haven't had this issue in any other application.

Any ideas here?  I tried setting "Use client keyboard mapping" in the
RDP settings, but no help.  This is running on Ubuntu 20.02.1.  Target
machine is a Window 10 box, up to date.

Any ideas?

Here's all the version output:

Remmina plugin glibsecret (type=Secret) has registered but not yet initialized/activated. Initialization order is 2000.
Secret plugin glibsecret has been successfully initialized and will be your default secret plugin

org.remmina.Remmina - 1.4.2 (git n/a)

NAME                TYPE            DESCRIPTION                                                     PLUGIN AND LIBRARY VERSION
RDP                 Protocol        RDP - Remote Desktop Protocol                                   RDP plugin: 1.4.2 (Git n/a), Compiled with FreeRDP lib: 2.0.0-dev5 (2693389a+debian), Running with FreeRDP lib: 2.2.0 (rev n/a), H.264: No
RDPF                File            RDP - RDP File Handler                                          RDP plugin: 1.4.2 (Git n/a), Compiled with FreeRDP lib: 2.0.0-dev5 (2693389a+debian), Running with FreeRDP lib: 2.2.0 (rev n/a), H.264: No
RDPS                Preference      RDP - Preferences                                               RDP plugin: 1.4.2 (Git n/a), Compiled with FreeRDP lib: 2.0.0-dev5 (2693389a+debian), Running with FreeRDP lib: 2.2.0 (rev n/a), H.264: No
VNC                 Protocol        Remmina VNC Plugin                                              1.4.2
VNCI                Protocol        Remmina VNC listener Plugin                                     1.4.2
glibsecret          Secret          Secure password storing in the GNOME keyring                    1.4.2

Build configuration: HAVE_ARPA_INET_H=1 HAVE_ERRNO_H=1 HAVE_FCNTL_H=1 HAVE_NETDB_H=1 HAVE_NETINET_IN_H=1 HAVE_NETINET_TCP_H=1 HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H=1 HAVE_SYS_UN_H=1 HAVE_TERMIOS_H=1 HAVE_UNISTD_H=1 WITH_APPINDICATOR=ON WITH_AVAHI=ON WITH_CUPS=ON WITH_FREERDP=ON WITH_FREERDP_MASTER=OFF WITH_GCRYPT=ON WITH_GETTEXT=ON WITH_ICON_CACHE=ON WITH_IPP=OFF WITH_KF5WALLET=ON WITH_LIBRARY_VERSIONING=ON WITH_LIBSECRET=ON WITH_LIBSSH=ON WITH_LIBVNCSERVER=ON WITH_MANPAGES=ON WITH_SPICE=ON WITH_SSE2=ON WITH_TRANSLATIONS=ON WITH_UPDATE_DESKTOP_DB=ON WITH_VTE=ON WITH_WWW=ON
Build type:          None
CFLAGS:              -g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/remmina-G11dsE/remmina-1.4.2+dfsg=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -Wall -g
Compiler:            GNU, 9.3.0
Target architecture: x64