[Remmina Users] Problem with Visual Studio in Remmina

Corey Minyard minyard at acm.org
Sat Jan 9 14:47:21 CET 2021

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 08:36:47AM +0100, Giovanni Panozzo wrote:
> Hi Corey.
>
> Can you test with a newer remmina/libfreerdp ? For example on ubuntu if you
> do
>
> snap install remmina
>
> then your system will keep two different versions of remmina: the standard
> one coming from the ubuntu repositories, and a second copy as snap package.
> They do not share the same config/profiles files: when you open the snap
> installation of remmina, you will not find your profiles and you must create
> one new.
>
> To run the snap version of remmina, type "snap run remmina"

I followed the instructions on
https://remmina.org/how-to-install-remmina/ and I get:

Remmina plugin glibsecret (type=Secret) has been registered, but is not yet initialized/activated. The initialization order is 2000.
The glibsecret secret plugin  has been initialized and it will be your default secret plugin
Failed to register: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.325" (uid=1000 pid=1587434 comm="/snap/remmina/4587/usr/bin/remmina " label="snap.remmina.remmina (enforce)") interface="org.gtk.Actions" member="DescribeAll" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.remmina.Remmina" (uid=1000 pid=3794 comm="remmina " label="unconfined")

I'm not sure how to fix this, but I'll look around.

-corey