[Remmina Users] Problem with Visual Studio in Remmina

Corey Minyard minyard at acm.org
Sat Jan 9 16:01:19 CET 2021

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 03:38:40PM +0100, Giovanni Panozzo wrote:
> Close remmina (both snap and normal version) and run the following commands:
>
> killall remmina
> sudo snap connect remmina:avahi-observe :avahi-observe
> sudo snap connect remmina:cups-control :cups-control
> sudo snap connect remmina:mount-observe :mount-observe
> sudo snap connect remmina:password-manager-service :password-manager-service
>
> These commands will allow remmina snap edition to access some important
> system features, for example the password-manager-service and that warning
> should disappear.

I had already done that.  The problem was that remmina was already
running.  You might want to add that to the instructions at
https://remmina.org/how-to-install-remmina/, even though, from hindsight,
it was pretty obvious.

I had already compiled it from scratch, and indeed, the new version does
seem to fix the problem.  Thanks for the help.

-corey